Thursday, July 14, 2011

Joe Mooney Traditional Irish Music Festival


Fate and destiny have led me back, after nearly three decades since moving away, to lovely Leitrim for my summer holidays.



In mid July I travel to Leitrim to spend some time at the grave of a cherished and close family member whose sudden, untimely death five years ago, rattled me to the core.






While in my native county, an annual traditional music festival, that otherwise I would never have encountered, lifts and lights up the tiny and tranquil streets of Drumshambo.
Not usually a traditional Irish music fan, the energetic and eclectic atmosphere generated by the badhrans, bag-pipes, accordions, flutes, fiddles, banjo's, spoons and guitars, make the event unforgetteable and have won me over into a diehard fan.
















Her death in the summer has led me here.
















Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid"

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe



No comments: