Thursday, January 13, 2011

Naked, Drunk, and Writing

I am a writer, former banker, former keep-fit teacher, full time mum and occasional finance tutor. I like to cast my eye over the wonder of life, to marvel at the simple stuff, to indulge in gratitude and sometimes have a rant. A lot of my writing has a health angle and articles on sleep, smell, music, laughter, reading and more have been published as opinion columns in "Irish Medical News" magazine. My fiction leans towards crime and a serialised murder story has been published in "Ireland's Issues" magazine. My (nearly finished) crime novella "Secrets from a Bank Vault" tells of murky memories that rise to the surface when an Irish bank goes bust. The latter is in the process of a re-write....oh the stamina needed to finish that book.

Anyway, to mark the occasion of the dipping of my toe into the daunting waters of blogging, I have just started reading the very appropriately entitled: "Naked, Drunk, and Writing." by American author Adair Lara. Lara is an awarding winning columnist and answers questions such as: "How do I make myself write when I'm too scared or lazy or busy?" and tells us that if we don't show any emotion in our writing neither will our readers.


2 comments:

Group 8 said...

Best of luck with it all, Mari. The blogging swiftly becomes addictive! Nuala x

Susannah said...

Welcome to the blogging world, it very soon becomes addictive! :-)